Introduction to Nathan's world

Welcome to my introduction blog, I hope after you read this you will get to know me a little better and I hope you enjoy!

 

So, my name is Nathan, I’m from Clondalkin in Dublin and I’m 20 years old but most people call me Gino it’s a nickname that stuck with me years ago and people have called me it ever since and to be honest I weirdly started to like it and I’m more used to it then my own name now. 

 

Back in 2018 I finished school and from there I went on and did a PLC in Stillorgan College studying Event Management and Digital Marketing quickly enough when I was in the course I started to realize I liked the creative side of things a lot more than anything else for example creating posters and leaflets for events. After I discovered this, I started to research a bit into what I wanted to do after the PLC and luckily enough I found this course and as soon as I seen it, I knew it was for me. After I went to the open day I was really excited and hoping I would get accepted for the course. Of course, I did get accepted which is why I’m writing this blog right now. 

 
My First year of College in TUD

 

Not long before college started, I found out something that would change my life forever and it was very unexpected. I found out I was going to be a father to my daughter Millie, of course I’m young and wasn’t expecting this and when I found out I was full of mixed emotions but when the news settled in it made me even more determined to succeed in college as not everything is just for me anymore. When I started college, I was nervous especially because I didn’t know anyone in the course but from my first day I started getting along with people just due to such similar interests and little did I know I would make such good friends from this course. My first semester really was a great experience and I was very happy with how it went, and with the friends I made. 



Image - A college night out on New Years Eve. - This is my own photo

 

Then Covid came along

 

When going into my second semester of college I was really excited and it had the potential of being a really great semester, and it did start of well and then came the news of covid-19, at the start I didn’t really think about it too much but then as time passed a lot of more news start coming out about it and the virus started to spread rapidly and of course the world grew in fear. Of course, at around this time I knew that Millie would be here soon, and I started to get worried about everything. On the 5th of March 2020 Millie came along and as soon as I seen her all the worry and stress, I had just left me, and a feeling came along that you could never have for anyone or anything else. Soon after she came along the lockdown started, and the world changed, and it was hard for everyone no one was prepared for this and to be honest no one really knew what to do. Of course, college continued online, and it was hard for everyone including lectures I would imagine because nobody was prepared for this and no one could ever imagine that this was going to happen. At the start I was hoping this would be a short thing that we would be back to college and everything after the summer, but I think I knew deep down that that wouldn’t be the case. 

 

Second year


Obviously where not in college and that’s disappointing but the system for working home seems to be a lot better and I kind of mentally prepared myself for it over the summer so to be honest so far its good and I’m happy to be back in college and I hope we will be back on campus soon. 

Comments

  1. Hey, Gino
    I am genuinely happy to have a friend like you, of course we only know each other since last year when we started collage but It feels like I have known you my entire life.
    Not only because I know it because i read your blog that at your young age you're a very responsible person and not only for you but also for your friends and family and I want to personally thank you for helping to keep my head in the game for collage when things were very difficult during Lock-down.
    Very excited to learn a lot of things from you and with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathan, congratulations on your first child I hope you and your new family are keeping safe during this lockdown. I hope the new semester hasn’t been too much of a challenge for you. I really like your blog, the content is amazing, and you do a good job of getting your opinion across.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nathan, I really enjoyed reading your introduction post. I love the layout and theme of your blog! The dark background made it very easy on the eyes to read! Apart from that, I want to congratulate you on your new baby Millie! I'd say she is gorgeous and you sound like an amazing father already! I'm glad you're doing well and if you ever need a helping hand don't hesitate to reach out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nathan! Congratulations on your baby girl! I'm sure you'll be a great dad! I hope this semester goes well for you and you learn plenty of new things and you most importantly enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nathan, we know each other by now well but this comment has to be done. I'm from Clondalkin as well but recently moved to Lucan. I'm 20 years old too. How's Gino Kenny? It's crazy to think Millie is close to being a year old already! I'm so proud of you. College isn't the same from home but I'm glad you are getting on well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Gino,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog. Although we were in the same class group last year, we never really had a chance to talk. I'm glad you had a blast in year one, me too. And also I'd like to give you a massive congratulations on having your first child. Im sure you'll be the best father for her.
    - Cian

    ReplyDelete
  7. How's it going Nathan! I remember congratulating you on the birth of Millie just before we were all sent off campus due to COVID and it feels like years ago, hope you have enjoyed quality time with her and your family over the past few months in lockdown! The fact you done a PLC before coming to TU Dublin must have paid off in the sense that you knew you would enjoy it. Hope this module and the rest of the semester goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nathan!Congratulation on your baby girl.It was very interesting to read your introduction and find out few more things about you and your interests.I never new you did PLS but I'm sure it helps you a lot.Yeah and I agree with you that second semester wasn't great for and the fact we had to finish it online was very hard but hopefully all this Covid would be over as soon as possible and we be able to meet each other and come back to our normal life.Graet intro and best of luck with college and this module!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Nathan, Congrats on having the baby girl. Nice blog that you got here was really engaging to read and learn all about yourself. Glad you had a really good year in year one, it was a blast alright, do miss being on campus. Hope everything goes well this year for you, and ye the second semester was a pain for everyone I think but at least were on the better side of things now. Hopefully we will be back there soon next semester!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Nathan, how are you doing? Congrats on having a baby girl I am so happy for you! It is great to hear your happy and doing well! Your blog is really cool. I found it super easy to navigate through and I love the colour code you have chosen. All the best with this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nathan,
    First of all congratulations on your new baby girl, you will be a great dad! You blog layout is great as it is so easy to read the dark colours make it easier to follow along. I never knew you did a PLC before CDM I say that came in handy.
    I hope this semester goes well for you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Gino,

    Congrats on being a father man, if there's anyone it's you who is suited to be one! I was glad a found this course myself as I didnt know what I wanted to do but I always enjoyed the creative side of things. I feel like 2nd year will be amazing and I'm looking forward to learn more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Game Design Document