My Feedback Thoughts

Image - Feedback

How to get past negative bias

The first article I read was "How to get past negative bias", I found the article extremely interesting and I think it's a great read to try and work on being more happy in life. I found it interesting what Hanson was saying about if 5 good things happen, 4 neutral and 1 negative which one do you go to bed thinking about and its true you think about the negative. What Hansons is doing is trying to get us to overcome that and make our happy thoughts more powerful than the negatives ones because just naturally us humans we think about the negative thoughts more than the happy ones, this isn't something that we should just let happen and I think Hansons talk was really powerful and uplifting and I really am going to try and take what he said away with me.

Hanson said to remember the word "HEAL", each letter has a different meaning with different instructions.

H - Have a positive experience. 
E - Enrich it. 
A - Absorb it. 
L - Link positive and negative material (optional)

These instructions are from the video linked in the article. - https://youtu.be/jpuDyGgIeh0

Seven ways to crush self-doubt

The second article I read was "Seven ways to crush self-doubt". This article was something I think I needed to read because I do doubt myself a lot, I used to do it a lot more but now I try to stop and just do what I have to do even if I fail I will learn. I think the seven steps he gave really were interesting and where something I will take away with me after reading his article. The main thing I really enjoyed about this was when I was reading it I related to a lot of the stuff he was talking about like being afraid to stand up and talk about your work, always comparing to others and stuff like, I am trying to get over these fears and doubts and reading articles like this actually help a lot. 

My feedback thoughts 

Feedback is extremely important but it can be hard to hear someones opinion on your work because you will worry what they might say. Heres the thing though if someone is giving you honest feedback its hard for them too, they have to tell you what they think you should improve on so you need to respect that, their just trying to help you to learn from your mistakes and if you can suck it up and move forward not only are you a strong person but you know what you did wrong and mistakes are a good thing because we learn from them. 

A few years ago I started to doubt everything I did I just had no confidence, I thought I wasn't good enough for anything which lead to me just not doing anything and hanging around on the street and not caring about school or my future, this eventually lead to me having terrible leaving cert results and by the time I cared it felt to late. I honestly never ever even thought about going to college because the people I was surronding myself with didn't either and it took me to pull myself away from certain people to move on with my life and realise all the time I've wasted doing nothing with myself. The time that I realised I made a mess of things was actually when my leaving cert exams where just nearly over and I felt stupid doing them exams because I never studied a thing. That summer I made a promise to myself to change my life, first thing I had to do was to never to surround my self with the people I was with again and second thing was to get into college. Problem was with my results there was no way that was happening eventually I found a PLC course, when I started this course I said to myself I have to give it everything I've got and I promised myself I would. Quickly after realising I'm actually not stupid and I'm a creative person I grew confidence and I worked hard on every assignment. The results I got at the end of the year where something I thought wasn't even possible at the start of that year, they where the results that got me into the course I'm doing now. The weird thing is if I could go back on time I wouldn't change anything because I learned so much from all my mistakes and it made me a better person I still have a lot to work on which I will continue to do so. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Nathan's world

Game Idea Research

Game Design Document