Alpha

This week I feel as though I have made great progress with my game. 

Firstly I added my main menu. (I learned how to do that here)

I got the background image here. (I added my own effects to it) 

Image - Screen shot of my main menu - My own image

Secondly I made that the 3 doors that open with keys work. So basically when you collect the first key the first door opens, collect second key and the second door opens and so on. This was the most difficult thing have added to the game so far and it did take me a long time but I got there in the end. (I learned how to do this here)

Then when this was all done I added my sound effects to the game there is a sound effect on the menu and a separate one in the game. (Sound effect asset)

They were my goals for this week so realistically I could've stopped but I wanted to add some detail to the spawn room too see how it goes. (Furniture asset 1, Furniture asset 2)

Image - Screen shot of spawn room - My own image

My goal for next week is to add the ending point of the game with a message when you complete it, then I want to add timer and a message that you lost if you run out of time and I also want to add all of the real walls and floors as the ones right now are just a temporary layout guide I created. 

When I get to this point next week the weeks after that will allow me to just continue adding really good and effective detail to the game and also allow me clean up anything need be. 

Comments

  1. Hi Nathan! Your game looks fantastic, It looks like something I would buy on Steam. The Main Menu looks very spooky and I like the effects you added on it. You've come a long way for your first playable and you know where you're at. Will you add any spooky ghosts to your game or any weird creepy sound effects, I feel like that would be very cool. I also feel like walking effects would be sweet (the pitter pattering of shoes on a concrete floor) or sounds of doors creaking open? Anyway your game looks perfect and I wouldn't add anything else! - Anna Zurawska

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Nathan's world

Game Idea Research

Game Design Document