Prototype 1

 

Image - Screenshot of my Prototype (my own image)

When creating my first prototype I spent a while messing around with some of the building options because I just wanted to get used it, from there I went on and created the players character. The players character is just a red cylinder which is in the image above but the player will not be able to see the character at any point. 

I made that the player can roam around in first person mode being controlled by WASD keys and the mouse. The code I used to create this I found here

Video - Screen recording (my own video)

As well as creating this I created the outline of the ground floor of the house so now everything is ready to be added downstairs. 

Next week I want to have the outline of the top floor complete and also the two ghosts placed in the house. 

This was all difficult as this is the first time I have really started to create my own game but I do feel like I'm on the right track and if I keep planning ahead everything should go to plan.  


Comments

  1. Hi Nathan! Your game looks very good so far and I am liking the blog post too keep it up! Unfortunately I could not watch the video as it would not work for me. However I liked how you linked the code you used for the controls of your player. When you said you were going to add things downstairs, do you know what is going to be added to the downstairs of the house? Maybe an obstacle for the player or something to scare the player? One suggestion would be to say what went well for you this week and how smooth things went. Well done Nathan :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Nathan's world

Game Idea Research

Game Design Document