Week 9 Reading and Writing

Overall I feel as if the reading and writing assignments have seriously benefited me. Posting blogs has made me more comfortable writing and I also feel as though my reading and writing skills have improved a lot. So far, my favorite reading has being the reading in week 5 on games MDA, I think it was a great read and that it really thought me a lot of new things I never knew. The reading notes are helping me when creating my game because they have thought me a lot about game developing, I have being a gamer my whole life really but I have never really learned about creating games I’ve always just played them but these reading help me view games from a different perspective. When I started doing the reading tasks I was literally reading every last bit of the readings which I think was a mistake for me anyways because it was almost an overload of information, I learned that I should of course read but if there’s parts that are kind of repeating or if it’s something not going to benefit me I kind of just read through them parts quickly which allows me to concentrate more on the parts that I feel will benefit me. So far, I feel as if my game project is going really well sometimes I have had some small issues with Unity while doing the tutorials but luckily enough I haven’t ran into any software problems when creating my game, as well as that I have set myself some goals to complete for my game every week I will like that has really helped me stay on top of it, all though it’s such a simple thing but having a schedule is such a big help. I think my biggest accomplishment for this class would have to be my writing skills improving, maybe other people wouldn’t notice a huge improvement in my writing but for me I can definitely notice the difference and I also feel a lot better then I have before when writing and its definitely something I want to continue to improve on.  

Image - GIF from GDD, Week 6 - Scary GIF

I used this image (GIF) in week 6 for my Game Design Document and I really like it because I feel as though it describes my game really well because it’s a scary small room and for my game the player will spawn in a scary small room. 


Looking forward I want to continue to stick to my schedule for my game I also want to continue with improving my reading and writing skills. The main thing I want to focus on over the next few weeks is really making sure I don’t run into any serious problems with my game and if I do I want to make sure I have plenty of time to fix it so I’m not under to much pressure. 

 

So far I have seriously enjoyed this module and I have learned a lot from it, I’m excited to finish this game and to crack on with Multimedia Development 2 in the new year.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Nathan's world

Game Idea Research

Game Design Document